- Who said, "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"?
Martin Luther King, Jr.
- As a student at the Baltimore School of Performing Arts, rapper Tupac Shakur took these classes
Ballet and poetry
- When did Rosa Parks' bus boycott happen?
- Who said, "life is not a spectator sport"?
- Who was the first African American Nobel Peace Prize winner?
- When did Martin Luther King Jr. give his "I Have A Dream" speech?
Sept. 9, 1965
- Which President officially recognized Black History Month?
President Gerald Ford
- Who said, "if there is no struggle, there is no progress"?
- Members of this labor union helped to build the nation's black middle class and civil rights movement
Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters
- Madam C.J. Walker became America's first female, self-made millionaire. What product did her company sell?
- What state was the first to elect a black governor, doing so in 1989?
- What was Muhammad Ali's original name?
- Who was the first African American Major League Baseball player?
- Which city is known as the birthplace of hip hop?
The Bronx, New York
- This amendment abolished slavery "within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."
The 13th Amendment
- What did President Abraham Lincoln sign in 1863 declaring "that all persons held as slaves" within the rebellious states "are, and henceforward shall be free"?
The Emancipation Proclamation
- Who wrote the bestselling memoir "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
- Who was the first African-American to appear on a U.S. postage stamp?
Booker T. Washington
- Who was the first African American woman to win five Grammy Awards in one year?
- Who said, "if not us, then who? If not now, then when?"
Play Black History Month Trivia!Play Now